While I’m making lists (see New Year’s Resolutions for Other People) here’s another one.
- New Year’s Eve—Falls into the category of Holidays We Hate
- Old black and white movies—Why, when there are so many new ones in color?
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel—Yes, it’s in color but I still don’t like it and I couldn’t figure out why, given the fabulous clothes and super charming Rachel Brosnahan. Emily Nussbaum nailed it in her New Yorker review entitled (and this says it all) ‘The Cloying Fantasia of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” which she summed up as “tooth-rottingly twee,” even while lamenting it was “so far up my alley it was practically chopping onions in my kitchen.”
- Orchids—On a TV show set they are shorthand for “fancy law office,” and in someone’s house, “this home is for sale.”
- Bob Dylan—Lyrics, great! Voice, not great!
- Honey mustard—I love both honey and mustard but not together
- Beer—But I do like an ice-cold Bud Lite with Lime on a (and I do mean just one) hot summer day
- Facebook—Would it be OK if I just shut it down? It annoys me mightily.